Well February all ready... my time flies when its cold. Just a quick not to let you know we are still in the land of the living and have not become just some popsicles to be tossed aside as we melt inconveniently on to your hand... whoa where did that come from????
Had some snow the other day and not much sun since... no wonder 1 in 3 children here suffer from rickets!! Not too bad though - only inch thick ice - keeps the boat insulated at the very least...
Learnt the other day why I am persona non grata with the banks. Apparently I have never been in debt here and therefore my credit rating is "too good to be true" and therefore I am a statistical impossibility with dubious links to a real life person. Oh well living existentially is bound to have its perks I'm sure. :-)
And what other news do we have for you???
Well... they are going to cap the benefit here to 28000 pounds a year... wouldn't that be nice to get that much for doing nothing??! Currently there are 190 families in the UK that receive more than 60000 pounds a year. I.e it costs the taxpayer approximately 12 million pounds a year to support 190 families! Hummmm something wrong there I do believe!
On a similar note; apparently it would be cheaper to station a fulltime police officer with some of the "problem families" they have dotted about here the UK than have to pay for police to attend all the 999 calls they generate. Wow it blows your mind really!
On a funnier note: what is the difference between a dead banker and a dead cat on the motorway? The skidmarks round the cat. As told by Vince Cable (Business Secretary) in the Sunday Times.
I also enjoyed the report on the first punch up a santas grotto... Man threatens woman dressed as christmas tree... I assume he threatened to punch her lights out...
Did you know the richest pet in the world is a dog called Gunther IV. This dog has inherited 90 million pounds from his dad Gunther III and lives in a mansion formally owned by Madonna... how crazy is that??? And you thought we were soft in the head about Bramble...
Books to think about... I hear "Foreskin's Lament" by Shallom Auslander is a fabulously funny book - no really; I intend to download it shortly.
And finally did you know that an echidna's baby is called a "puggle"? What would you do without us!!?
1 comment:
Yep: Missed yer,
Happy New Year Murray, Kate & Bramble. You still in Chichester Marina. Will be over to the UK for maybe month - 6 wks sometime April-June time. Life is cold in Cyprus 1 C tonight wind and snow, but we are sat in front of a blazing fire, whiskey i one hand, computer in the other. Hopefully see you while in UK
Roy
PS You still have the same email?
Post a Comment